Wednesday, July 29, 2020

Mid Year Book Freak Out Tag 2020

I can't believe we're already coming to the end of July. This four months since I've been on quarantine have flown by and it's super weird. Well since we're midway through the year, I thought I'd participate in the mid year book freak out tag. I"m doing this a little late so I tried to pick books that I read from January - June since that'e the actual six month mark. So here we go!

1. Best book you’ve read so far in 2020 : SLAY & Just Mercy
2. Best sequel you've read so far in 2020: The Proposal by Jasmine Guillroy. I don't know if this is considered a traditional "sequel," but it's the second book in her Wedding Date series all the books are set in the same universe and connected in some way or another so I'm counting it.
3. New release you haven't read yet, but want to: The Only Good Indians!!
4. Most anticipated release for the second half of the year: The Year of Witching!! Hands down. No if, ands or buts
5. Biggest disappointment: Verity by Colleen Hoover. This was actually my first book by her and I don't think this was a good place to start. From what I've heard Verity is unlike any of her other works.
6. Biggest surprise: Evvie Drake Starts Over. When I first obtained this book I was reading a lot of contemporary romance. But now it's one of my favorite genres and I was pleasantly surprised at how much I actually liked this book. And it's a quick read.
7. Favorite new author. (Debut or new to you): Echo Brown. Her book Back Girl Unlimited was one of the most beautiful and heartbreaking things I've ever read.
8. Newest fictional crush: Rhen from A Curse so Dark and Lonely. He has his flaws but he seems like he actually is a nice guy.
9. Newest favorite character: Rhen. Fictional crush and character that I wanted more of in the sequel.
10. Book that made you cry: I'm not much of a book crier, but Black Girl Unlimited had me in tears at the end.
11. Book that made you happy: This one is so hard. Most of my books make me happy. I'm generally happy due to the fact that I get to read at all.
12. Most beautiful book you've bought so far this year (or received): There have been some AMAZING covers this year. But I'm absolutely in love with the covers of A Song Below Water, Sex and Vanity, and Incendiary. Honestly I couldn't fit all the covers I love in this picture.
13. What books do you need to read by the end of the year? Ha, there are too many for me to narrow down!


Well there you have it! I feel like my reading game has only gotten stronger over the last month so I can't wait to see what my answers for these questions will be at the end of the year. I've also linked some of my reviews in case you wanted to check them out.

Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment